This is a series or free articles and tutorials, that I use as an introduction and educational resource for my Editing, Color Grading and Effects Workshops.
Registrations are now open for all my Spring Workshops, taking place in different dates from April to June 2021. All Workshops are Online, using Zoom. Classes are in English, in small groups (maximum of 8 students per class), and price is 195 Euros.
SPRING ONLINE WORKSHOPS, 2021
- DaVinci Resolve Fusion: Titles and Animation, April 19th to 23rd, 09:30 to 13:30.
- DaVinci Resolve Fusion: Visual Effects, May 3d to 7th, 09:30 to 13:00.
- DaVinci Resolve Color Grading, April 17th to 21st, 09:30 to 13:30.
- DaVinci Resolve Editing, May 31st to June 4th, 09:30 to 13:30.
You can read reviews about my teaching here. I’m a highly experienced instructor, with more than 15 years of workshops behind!.
Now, to the free content of today!
FREE DOWNLOAD OF GH5 BERLIN FOOTAGE
I’m happy to offer you, 100% gratis, a selection of 43 clips, recorded in Berlin, that you you can use to edit and grade freely: to learn, practice, create port-folio, or even add to your projects.
These are some of the clips I use in my Editintg and Grading Workshop in Berlin and Madrid.
They’re shot in various light conditions and sizes: interiors, exterios, wide, details, back-lights, night, etc..
You should be able to make a small and nice Berlin video.
- Recorded with a Panasonic GH5.
- V-Log. If you want to start from a LUT, apply a V-Log to Rec.709 one, or use a color manged workflow.
- Sigma Art 18-35.
- No ND filters.
- The files are converted to MXF for easier editorial: DNxHD, 1080 24p. You can import them in DaVinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc..
- The shots are framed to Scope (2.39:1). If you are in DaVinci Resolve, you can add a catch (black bars) going to the Timeline Menu, then Output Blanking, then select 2.39:1. If you are in Avid Media Composer, define Mask Margins to 2.39, and right clik on the Composer Window to activate them. In Premiere Pro, you may use and Adjustmen Layer, and crop it.
- All clips have a small watermark at the bottom, to identify the source. The watermark is easily hidden adding the Scope catch, as described in the prevoius point.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH THIS FOOTAGE?
You know what?
Do whatever you want with them.
You can use them to practice, add to your color reel, publish on-line, etc.. If you publish your results on-line, feel free to post it on my Facebook Page. It’ll be fun to have a look to it and comment.
If you teach Editing and Postproduction (like I do in Berlin), you are also free to use this in your classes and pass it to your students.
You may also use them in your video projects, commercial or non-commercial. Now, in this case, I ask that the source is identified somehow, either in credits or web-site text. Something like “Berlin Footage from Flavio G. García” or “Some Footage used under permission from Flavio G. García” will do it.
DOWNLOAD FREE FOOTAGE
To download the footage (10 Gigas), you just need to fill the small form below.
Once you do, you’ll inmediatly receive an e-mail with the download link.
Happy Editing and Grading!