Learn to grade your projects with DaVinci Resolve, the amazing postproduction software, that happens to be free!
Classes are in English.
Get informed below about upcoming dates, workshop content, and how to register.
My workshops are sold out fast. If you are interested, reserve your seat soon!
You can read reviews of my workshops here.
No previous experience is required. In this workshop we start from scratch.
You just need a computer (PC or Mac), and ideally a web-cam.
DaVinci Resolve must be installed. The software can be downloaded for free, here. Please, make sure your system is powerful enough to run Resolve (check system requirements in the download link).
Footage to practice during the workshop is provided by me.
Classes are in English, so good engough English is required!
- Dates: May 17th to 21st (2021).
- Hours: 09:30 to 13:30, Central European Time.
- Price: 195 Euros.
- Maximum number of students: 8.
- This is a Live Online Workshop, using Zoom.
- Language: English.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +34 683 31 45 45
To register, please click on the following link, and fill the registration form:
- May 17th to 21st, (2021), 09:30 to 13:30 (Central European Time), DaVinci Resolve Color Grading, Online Zoom Workshop.
Payment is via bank transfer. After registering, you’ll immediately receive an e-mail with the account details, and further instructions. Please, note your seat is reserved only after payment.
If you need an alternative payment method, like PayPal, write me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most editions of my workshops are sold-out quickly. If you wish to join, I recommend you to register as soon as possible.
I’m an independent filmmaker, film professor, and editing and postproduction expert.
Since 2005, I teach courses, workshops and seminars all over Europe, in film schools, festivals, production companies, and other institutions: DOCMA, FilmArche Berlin, ESDIP-Berlin, MIZ-Babelsberg, Master-LAV, and many more.
My teaching method is very practical, precise, and structured, and I also make sure things are exciting and fun.
I have post-produced and graded lots of film projects: La Piedra (Víctor Moreno), Freedom to Kill the Other’s Children (David Varela), Armenoscope (Silvina der Meguerditchian)…
My movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals and venues: Cineteca Matadero, MUSAC, Alcine, Pragda New York…
FIRST STEPS WITH DAVINCI RESOLVE 17
- The Project Manager.
- The Database System. What are DaVinci Resolve 17 databases, and how to use them.
- Creating and Organising Projects.
- Project Settings: setting up Resolution, Framerate and Color Space.
- DaVinci Resolve Preferences.
- Description and customization of the interface.
- Understanding Color Space, and Color Space Transforms.
- Rec.709, DCI-P3, Rec.2020.
- LUT’s. What they are, and how to use them.
- Understanding Scopes: Waveform, Parade, Vectorscope, Histogram.
- DaVinci Resolve 17 new Color Managed Workflow.
- Working with RAW media.
Workflow and conforminG
- Description of the most common workflows.
- Importing Timelines from Premiere Pro, FCP X, Avid Media Composer.
- Conforming high resolution media.
The Color PAGE.
- Introduction to the Color tools.
- Primaries: Lift, Gamma, Gain, Offset. How and when to use them.
STEP BY STEP grading
The node system
- Understanding nodes.
- Serial nodes.
- Parallel nodes.
- Layer nodes.
- Out-side nodes.
- Clip/Timeline nodes.
- Using Local Versions.
- Using Memories.
- Stills and Power Grades: saving, comparing, and applying grades.
Grading Tools, in depth.
- Primaries: Wheels, Bars, Log.
- Temperature, Tint, Contrast, Pivot, Midtone Detail, Color Boost, Saturation, Hue.
- Curves: Custom, HueVsHue, HueVsSat, HueVsLum, LumVsSat, SatVsSat, SatVsLuminance.
- Creating and customising Windows (what you call masks in other programs).
- Window’s Tracking and Animation. Keyframes.
- Magic Mask: creating automatic Windows in DaVinci Resolve 17.
Color range based grading.
- Qualifier: color selection tool.
- HSL Qualifier.
- 3D Qualifier.
- Refining color selection: Highlight, Highlight B/W, Selection Range.
- Color Warper.
- Introduction to the HDR palette.
- Understanding how to achieve the desired look.
- Understanding the look development workflow, from pre-production to finishing.
- Motion Effects: Noise Reduction, Motion Blur.
- Blur and Sharpen.
- Animating grades: Keyframes.
- Sizing, reframing.
- Setting up Render Cache quality settings.
- Render Cache: Smart and User.
- Node rendering.
- Rendering Workflow.
open fx library
- Effects settings and animation, Keyframes.
- Most useful FX for Color Grading and Finishing: Glow, Light Rays, Lens Flare, Film Grain, Lens Blur, Deband, Deflicker, Gamut Limiter, Color Compressor.
- The Deliver Tab.
- Export formats.
- Mastering codecs: DNxHR, Apple ProRes, IMF.
- Render queue.
Project and media management
- Database Management.
- Project Management.
- Media Management.