Learn how to color grade your projects with DaVinci Resolve 15, the most sophisticated and used color grading software, that happens to be free!
Workshop dates are Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st, October, 10:00 to 19:00.
8 hours per day, with 1 hour for lunch.
Classes are in English, in small groups.
DAVINCI RESOLVE BERLIN WORKSHOP: COLOR GRADING
This Workshop is designed for film and video makers who wish to use DaVinci Resolve 15 only to color grade and post-produce their projects, using it in combination with their editing software (Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, FCP X).
If you wish to keep editing with Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, or FCP X, and finish your projects in DaVinci Resolve 15, then this is the right workshop for you.
Some experience in video editing/photography/effects is preferred, as this workshop focuses on Color Grading.
Students must bring their own laptops (Mac or PC), with DaVinci Resolve 15 installed. The software can be downloaded for free, here.
Video and audio contents to practice are provide by me.
- Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st, October, 10:00 to 19:00.
- Price: 195 euros.
- Language: English.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +34 683 31 45 45
To register, please click here.
Payment is via bank transfer. Once you register, I will contact you to send you the payment details. Please, note that your seat is reserved only after payment.
Alternative methods of payment also possible (PayPal, cash, etc.). Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need this.
If you wish to cancel after registering, you get back 80% of the workshop fee, but you have to notify me 10 days previous to the start.
I’m an independent filmmaker, film professor, and editing and postproduction expert.
Since 2009, I teach courses, workshops and seminars all over Europe, in filmshcools, festivals, production companies, and other institutions: DOCMA, FilmArche Berlin, ESDIP-Berlin, MIZ-Babelsberg, Master-LAV, and many others…
My teaching method is very practical, precise, and structured, and I also make sure things are exciting and fun.
I have postproduced and graded lots of film projects: La Piedra (Víctor Moreno), Freedom to Kill the Other’s Children (David Varela), Armenoscope (Silvina der Meguerditchian)…
My movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals and venues: Cineteca Matadero, MUSAC, Alcine, Pragda New York…
Saturday 20th, October, 10:00 to 19:00.
- Color Theory.
- Scopes: understanding Waveform and Vectorsopce.
- Understanding Log footage: V-Log, C-Log, S-Log.
- RAW formats.
- Color Space: Rec. 709, DCI-P3, BT.2020.
- DaVinci Resolve Databases.
- Projects and settings.
- Importing sequences from Premiere Pro, FCP X, Avid Media Composer.
- Off-line workflow: starting in DaVinci Resolve to generate proxies, send proxies to Premiere/FCPX/Avid for editorial, send sequences back to Resolve, to re-link to high quality media, and grade.
The Color Tab.
- Primary Bars, Primary Wheels, Curves.
- Step by step color grading.
- The node system.
- Serial nodes.
- Clip nodes, Timeline nodes.
- Using versions: Local versions/Remote versions.
- Split View: how to compare clips, versions.
- Stills, Power Grades: saving and applying grades.
- Grading multiple clips at the same time: Groups, Node Pre-Clip, Node Post-clip.
- Creating and customising masks (called Windows in Resolve).
- Mask animation, Keyframes.
- Mask Tracking.
- Outside Nodes.
Sunday 21st, October, 10:00 to 19:00.
Color range based grading.
- Qualifier: color selection tool.
- 3D Qualifier.
- Refining color selection: Highlight, Highlight B/W, Selection Range.
- Parallel Nodes.
- Layer Nodes.
- Blending modes: Darken, Lighten, Overlay, Screen, Softlight.
- Splitter-Combiner Nodes.
Grading RAW material.
- Editing RAW parameters.
- Clip, project, camera metadata.
- Noise reduction.
- Blur y sharpen.
- Face Refine.
Mastering and exporting
- Scaling quality (up-scaling, down-scaling).
- Frame-rate conversion quality (Blending, Optical Flow).
- The Deliver Tab.
- Export formats.
- Mastering codecs: DNxHR, Apple ProRes, Cineform, Uncompressed.
- Render queue.