Learn to color grade your projects with DaVinci Resolve 15, the most sophisticated color grading software, that happens to be free!
Workshop in English, in small groups, in central Kreuzberg (Betahaus).
Get informed below about upcoming dates, workshop contents, and how ro tegister.
My workshops are sold out fast. If you are interested, reserve your seat soon!
You can read reviews of my workshops here.
- April 8th to April 12th, 09:30-13:30. Sold out! Write me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be in the waiting list!
- June 3rd to June 7th, 09:30-13:30. Registrations open!
Some experience in video editing/photography/effects is preferred, but not necessary.
Students must bring their own laptops (Mac or PC), with DaVinci Resolve 15 installed. The software can be downloaded for free, here.
Video and audio contents to practice are provide by me.
- Price: 195 euros.
- Seats: maximum of 8 students.
- Location: Betahaus, Kreuzberg
- Language: English.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +34 683 31 45 45
To register, please click on the desired workshop:
- April 8th to April 12th, 09:30-13.30, DaVinci Resolve Color Grading Workshop, Berlin. Sold out! Write me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be in the waiting list!
- June 3rd to June 7th, 09:30-13:30, DaVinci Resolve Color Grading Workshop, Berlin.
Payment is via bank transfer. After registering, you’ll get an e-mail with the account details. Please, note your seat is reserved only after payment.
If you need an alternative payment method (PayPal, cash, etc.), contact me. This would also be possible.
Previous editions of my workshops have sold out. If you wish to attend, I recommend you register as soon as possible.
I’m an independent filmmaker, film professor, and editing and postproduction expert.
Since 2009, I teach courses, workshops and seminars all over Europe, in filmshcools, festivals, production companies, and other institutions: DOCMA, FilmArche Berlin, ESDIP-Berlin, MIZ-Babelsberg, Master-LAV, and many others…
My teaching method is very practical, precise, and structured, and I also make sure things are exciting and fun.
I have postproduced and graded lots of film projects: La Piedra (Víctor Moreno), Freedom to Kill the Other’s Children (David Varela), Armenoscope (Silvina der Meguerditchian)…
My movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals and venues: Cineteca Matadero, MUSAC, Alcine, Pragda New York…
- Color Theory.
- Scopes: understanding Waveform and Vectorsopce.
- Understanding Log footage: V-Log, C-Log, S-Log.
- RAW formats.
- Color Space: Rec. 709, DCI-P3, BT.2020.
- DaVinci Resolve Databases.
- Project crating and settings.
- Interface description.
- Workflow description.
- Importing sequences from Premiere Pro, FCP X, Avid Media Composer.
- Off-line workflow: starting in DaVinci Resolve to generate proxies, send proxies to Premiere/FCPX/Avid for editorial, send sequences back to Resolve, to re-link to high quality media, and grade.
The Color Tab.
- Introduction to the Color tools.
- Primary Bars, Primary Wheels, Curves.
- Step by step color grading.
The node system, grades management.
- The node system.
- Serial nodes.
- Clip nodes, Timeline nodes.
- Using versions.
- Local versions/Remote versions.
- Using memories.
- Split View: how to compare clips, versions.
- Stills, Power Grades: saving and applying grades.
- Grading multiple clips at the same time: Groups, Node Pre-Clip, Node Post-clip.
Grading Tools, in depth.
- Primary Wheels.
- Primary Bars.
- Curves: Custom, HueVsHue, HueVsSat, HueVsLum, LumVsSat, SatVsSat.
- Creating and customising masks (called Windows in Resolve).
- Mask animation, Keyframes.
- Mask Tracking.
- Outside Nodes.
Color range based grading.
- Qualifier: color selection tool.
- HSL Qualifier.
- 3D Qualifier.
- Refining color selection: Highlight, Highlight B/W, Selection Range.
- Parallel Nodes.
- Layer Nodes.
- Blending modes: Darken, Lighten, Overlay, Screen, Softlight.
- Splitter-Combiner Nodes.
- Understanding advanced nodes: how and when to use them.
- Overview of color styles and how to achieve them.
Grading RAW material.
- Editing RAW parameters.
- Clip, project, camera metadata.
- Combining RAW edit with the other color toos.
- Noise reduction.
- Blur y sharpen.
- Face Refine.
- Grade animation, Keyframes.
- Node Key.
- Output Sizing.
- LUTs: how to apply, generate and export LUTs to other programs.
- OpenFX Library.
- Effects settings and animation, Keyframes.
- Glow, Light Rays, Lens Flare, Film Grain, Lens Blur.
Mastering and exporting
- Scaling quality (up-scaling, down-scaling).
- Frame-rate conversion quality (Blending, Optical Flow).
- The Deliver Tab.
- Export formats.
- Mastering codecs: DNxHR, Apple ProRes, Cineform, Uncompressed.
- Render queue.
Project and media management
- Restoring DaVinci Resolve Databases.
- Importing and Exporting DaVinci Resolve projects.
- Media Management.