Learn to grade your projects with DaVinci Resolve, the amazing postproduction software, that happens to be free!
Important news: all my workshops from October to December 2020 have a reduced price of just 135 Euros (instead of the regular 195 Euros fee). I’m adjusting the price to adapt to the actual Covid-19 situation, since everyone is struggling in different ways at the moment.
My workshops are normally located in Berlin, but for the time being, everything is going to be online, using Zoom. The system works fantastically well, and feedback has been very good. Several people actually preferred the online version, because of its convenience.
Classes are in English.
Get informed below about upcoming dates, workshop content, and how to register.
My workshops are sold out fast. If you are interested, reserve your seat soon!
You can read reviews of my workshops here.
No previous experience is required. In this workshop we start from scratch.
You just need a computer (PC or Mac), and ideally a web-cam.
DaVinci Resolve must be installed. The software can be downloaded for free, here. Please, make sure your system is powerful enough to run Resolve (check system requirements in the download link).
Footage to practice during the workshop is provided by me.
Classes are in English, so good engough English is required!
- Special reduced price, because of Covid-19: 135 Euros (instead of the regular 195 Euros).
- Seats: maximum of 12 students.
- Location: Live Online, using Zoom.
- Language: English.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +34 683 31 45 45
To register, please click on the desired date, and fill the registration form:
- November 2nd to 6th, 09:30 to 13:30 (Central European Time), DaVinci Resolve Color Grading, Online Zoom Workshops, 135 Euros (reduced price, normally 195 Euros).
Payment is via bank transfer. After registering, you’ll inmediatly get an e-mail with the account details. Please, note your seat is reserved only after payment.
If you need an alternative payment method (PayPal, cash, etc.), contact me. This would also be possible.
Previous editions of my workshops have sold out. If you wish to attend, I recommend you register as soon as possible.
I’m an independent filmmaker, film professor, and editing and postproduction expert.
Since 2009, I teach courses, workshops and seminars all over Europe, in film schools, festivals, production companies, and other institutions: DOCMA, FilmArche Berlin, ESDIP-Berlin, MIZ-Babelsberg, Master-LAV, and many others…
My teaching method is very practical, precise, and structured, and I also make sure things are exciting and fun.
I have postproduced and graded lots of film projects: La Piedra (Víctor Moreno), Freedom to Kill the Other’s Children (David Varela), Armenoscope (Silvina der Meguerditchian)…
My movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals and venues: Cineteca Matadero, MUSAC, Alcine, Pragda New York…
- Color Theory.
- Scopes: understanding Waveform and Vectorsopce.
- Understanding Log footage: V-Log, C-Log, S-Log.
- RAW formats.
- Color Space: Rec. 709, DCI-P3, BT.2020.
- DaVinci Resolve Databases.
- Project crating and settings.
- Interface description.
- Workflow description.
- Importing sequences from Premiere Pro, FCP X, Avid Media Composer.
- Off-line workflow: starting in DaVinci Resolve to generate proxies, send proxies to Premiere/FCPX/Avid for editorial, send sequences back to Resolve, to re-link to high quality media, and grade.
The Color Tab.
- Introduction to the Color tools.
- Primary Bars, Primary Wheels, Curves.
- Step by step color grading.
The node system, grades management.
- The node system.
- Serial nodes.
- Clip nodes, Timeline nodes.
- Using versions.
- Local versions/Remote versions.
- Using memories.
- Split View: how to compare clips, versions.
- Stills, Power Grades: saving and applying grades.
- Grading multiple clips at the same time: Groups, Node Pre-Clip, Node Post-clip.
Grading Tools, in depth.
- Primary Wheels.
- Primary Bars.
- Curves: Custom, HueVsHue, HueVsSat, HueVsLum, LumVsSat, SatVsSat.
- Creating and customising masks (called Windows in Resolve).
- Mask animation, Keyframes.
- Mask Tracking.
- Outside Nodes.
Color range based grading.
- Qualifier: color selection tool.
- HSL Qualifier.
- 3D Qualifier.
- Refining color selection: Highlight, Highlight B/W, Selection Range.
- Parallel Nodes.
- Layer Nodes.
- Blending modes: Darken, Lighten, Overlay, Screen, Softlight.
- Splitter-Combiner Nodes.
- Understanding advanced nodes: how and when to use them.
- Overview of color styles and how to achieve them.
Grading RAW material.
- Editing RAW parameters.
- Clip, project, camera metadata.
- Combining RAW edit with the other color toos.
- Noise reduction.
- Blur y sharpen.
- Face Refine.
- Grade animation, Keyframes.
- Node Key.
- Output Sizing.
- LUTs: how to apply, generate and export LUTs to other programs.
- OpenFX Library.
- Effects settings and animation, Keyframes.
- Glow, Light Rays, Lens Flare, Film Grain, Lens Blur.
Mastering and exporting
- Scaling quality (up-scaling, down-scaling).
- Frame-rate conversion quality (Blending, Optical Flow).
- The Deliver Tab.
- Export formats.
- Mastering codecs: DNxHR, Apple ProRes, Cineform, Uncompressed.
- Render queue.
Project and media management
- Restoring DaVinci Resolve Databases.
- Importing and Exporting DaVinci Resolve projects.
- Media Management.