Learn how to color grade your projects with DaVinci Resolve 15, the most sophisticated and used color grading software!
DAVINCI RESOLVE BERLIN WORKSHOP: COLOR GRADING
This Workshop is designed for film and video makers who wish to use DaVinci Resolve 15 only to color grade and post-produce their projects, coming from their preferred editing software (Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, FCP X).
If you wish to keep editing with Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, or FCP X, and finish your projects in DaVinci Resolve 15, then this is the right workshop for you.
DaVinci Resolve 15 is now a fully featured and amazing editing tool too, which means you can use it from start to finish, to both edit and color grade. If you also wish to use Resolve as your main editing tool, you should start with my DaVinci Resolve Berlin Workshop: Editing, where we focus on everything about editing. Students who do both Editing and Color Grading workshops get a discount on the second one.
Classes are in English, and take place at my co-working space, in central Kreuzberg (Betahaus).
Some experience in video editing/photography/effects is preferred, as this workshop focuses on Color Grading.
Students must bring their own laptops (Mac or PC), with DaVinci Resolve 15 installed. The software can be downloaded for free, here.
Video and audio contents to practice are provide by me.
- November 26th to November 30th, 15:00 to 19:00.
- Price: 195 euros.
- Seats: maximum of 7-8 students.
- Location: Betahaus.
- Language: English.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +34 683 31 45 45
To register, please clik on the desired workshop date:
Payment is via bank transfer. Once you register, I will contact you to send you the payment details. If you wish to use any other payment method, just let me know. Please, note that your seat is reserved only after payment.
Previous editions of my workshops have sold out. If you are interested, register as soon as possible.
I’m an independent filmmaker, film professor, and editing and postproduction expert.
Since 2009, I teach courses, workshops and seminars all over Europe, in filmshcools, festivals, production companies, and other institutions: DOCMA, FilmArche Berlin, ESDIP-Berlin, MIZ-Babelsberg, Master-LAV, and many others…
My teaching method is very practical, precise, and structured, and I also make sure things are exciting and fun.
I have postproduced and graded lots of film projects: La Piedra (Víctor Moreno), Freedom to Kill the Other’s Children (David Varela), Armenoscope (Silvina der Meguerditchian)…
My movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals and venues: Cineteca Matadero, MUSAC, Alcine, Pragda New York…
- Color Theory.
- Scopes: understanding Waveform and Vectorsopce.
- Understanding Log footage: V-Log, C-Log, S-Log.
- RAW formats.
- Color Space: Rec. 709, DCI-P3, BT.2020.
- DaVinci Resolve Databases.
- Project crating and settings.
- Interface description.
- Workflow description.
- Importing sequences from Premiere Pro, FCP X, Avid Media Composer.
- Off-line workflow: starting in DaVinci Resolve to generate proxies, send proxies to Premiere/FCPX/Avid for editorial, send sequences back to Resolve, to re-link to high quality media, and grade.
The Color Tab.
- Introduction to the Color tools.
- Primary Bars, Primary Wheels, Curves.
- Step by step color grading.
The node system, grades management.
- The node system.
- Serial nodes.
- Clip nodes, Timeline nodes.
- Using versions.
- Local versions/Remote versions.
- Using memories.
- Split View: how to compare clips, versions.
- Stills, Power Grades: saving and applying grades.
- Grading multiple clips at the same time: Groups, Node Pre-Clip, Node Post-clip.
Grading Tools, in depth.
- Primary Wheels.
- Primary Bars.
- Curves: Custom, HueVsHue, HueVsSat, HueVsLum, LumVsSat, SatVsSat.
- Creating and customising masks (called Windows in Resolve).
- Mask animation, Keyframes.
- Mask Tracking.
- Outside Nodes.
Color range based grading.
- Qualifier: color selection tool.
- HSL Qualifier.
- 3D Qualifier.
- Refining color selection: Highlight, Highlight B/W, Selection Range.
- Parallel Nodes.
- Layer Nodes.
- Blending modes: Darken, Lighten, Overlay, Screen, Softlight.
- Splitter-Combiner Nodes.
- Understanding advanced nodes: how and when to use them.
- Overview of color styles and how to achieve them.
Grading RAW material.
- Editing RAW parameters.
- Clip, project, camera metadata.
- Combining RAW edit with the other color toos.
- Noise reduction.
- Blur y sharpen.
- Face Refine.
- Grade animation, Keyframes.
- Node Key.
- Output Sizing.
- LUTs: how to apply, generate and export LUTs to other programs.
- OpenFX Library.
- Effects settings and animation, Keyframes.
- Glow, Light Rays, Lens Flare, Film Grain, Lens Blur.
Mastering and exporting
- Scaling quality (up-scaling, down-scaling).
- Frame-rate conversion quality (Blending, Optical Flow).
- The Deliver Tab.
- Export formats.
- Mastering codecs: DNxHR, Apple ProRes, Cineform, Uncompressed.
- Render queue.
Project and media management
- Restoring DaVinci Resolve Databases.
- Importing and Exporting DaVinci Resolve projects.
- Media Management.