Learn to grade your projects with DaVinci Resolve, the amazing editing and grading software, that happens to be free!
Workshop in English, in my new Studio, located at Harzer Straße 39, Berlin.
Get informed below about upcoming dates, workshop contents, and how ro register.
My workshops are sold out fast. If you are interested, reserve your seat soon!
You can read reviews of my workshops here.
- November 18th to 22nd, 09:30-13:30. Registrations open! Register soon! Last spots available!
Students must bring their own computers.
Mac or PC laptops preferred.
That said: if you have a desktop computer (iMac, MacPro, PC tower) you can of course bring that, including a monitor. I have a big locker in the office where you can store it from day to day. In this case, please write me at email@example.com after registering, to make sure we have space available.
DaVinci Resolve 16 must be installed in the computers.
The software can be downloaded for free, here. Please, maje sure your system is powerful enough to run DaVinci Resolve (check system requirements in the download link).
Video and audio media to practice is provided by me.
Classes are in English.
- Price: 195 euros.
- Seats: maximum of 8 students.
- Location: Harzer Straße 39, Berlin.
- Language: English.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +34 683 31 45 45
To register, please click on the desired workshop:
- November 18th to 22nd, 09:30-13:30, DaVinci Resolve Color Grading Workshop, Berlin. Register soon! Last spots available!
Payment is via bank transfer. After registering, you’ll get an e-mail with the account details. Please, note your seat is reserved only after payment.
If you need an alternative payment method (PayPal, cash, etc.), contact me. This would also be possible.
Previous editions of my workshops have sold out. If you wish to attend, I recommend you register as soon as possible.
I’m an independent filmmaker, film professor, and editing and postproduction expert.
Since 2009, I teach courses, workshops and seminars all over Europe, in filmshcools, festivals, production companies, and other institutions: DOCMA, FilmArche Berlin, ESDIP-Berlin, MIZ-Babelsberg, Master-LAV, and many others…
My teaching method is very practical, precise, and structured, and I also make sure things are exciting and fun.
I have postproduced and graded lots of film projects: La Piedra (Víctor Moreno), Freedom to Kill the Other’s Children (David Varela), Armenoscope (Silvina der Meguerditchian)…
My movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals and venues: Cineteca Matadero, MUSAC, Alcine, Pragda New York…
- Color Theory.
- Scopes: understanding Waveform and Vectorsopce.
- Understanding Log footage: V-Log, C-Log, S-Log.
- RAW formats.
- Color Space: Rec. 709, DCI-P3, BT.2020.
- DaVinci Resolve Databases.
- Project crating and settings.
- Interface description.
- Workflow description.
- Importing sequences from Premiere Pro, FCP X, Avid Media Composer.
- Off-line workflow: starting in DaVinci Resolve to generate proxies, send proxies to Premiere/FCPX/Avid for editorial, send sequences back to Resolve, to re-link to high quality media, and grade.
The Color Tab.
- Introduction to the Color tools.
- Primary Bars, Primary Wheels, Curves.
- Step by step color grading.
The node system, grades management.
- The node system.
- Serial nodes.
- Clip nodes, Timeline nodes.
- Using versions.
- Local versions/Remote versions.
- Using memories.
- Split View: how to compare clips, versions.
- Stills, Power Grades: saving and applying grades.
- Grading multiple clips at the same time: Groups, Node Pre-Clip, Node Post-clip.
Grading Tools, in depth.
- Primary Wheels.
- Primary Bars.
- Curves: Custom, HueVsHue, HueVsSat, HueVsLum, LumVsSat, SatVsSat.
- Creating and customising masks (called Windows in Resolve).
- Mask animation, Keyframes.
- Mask Tracking.
- Outside Nodes.
Color range based grading.
- Qualifier: color selection tool.
- HSL Qualifier.
- 3D Qualifier.
- Refining color selection: Highlight, Highlight B/W, Selection Range.
- Parallel Nodes.
- Layer Nodes.
- Blending modes: Darken, Lighten, Overlay, Screen, Softlight.
- Splitter-Combiner Nodes.
- Understanding advanced nodes: how and when to use them.
- Overview of color styles and how to achieve them.
Grading RAW material.
- Editing RAW parameters.
- Clip, project, camera metadata.
- Combining RAW edit with the other color toos.
- Noise reduction.
- Blur y sharpen.
- Face Refine.
- Grade animation, Keyframes.
- Node Key.
- Output Sizing.
- LUTs: how to apply, generate and export LUTs to other programs.
- OpenFX Library.
- Effects settings and animation, Keyframes.
- Glow, Light Rays, Lens Flare, Film Grain, Lens Blur.
Mastering and exporting
- Scaling quality (up-scaling, down-scaling).
- Frame-rate conversion quality (Blending, Optical Flow).
- The Deliver Tab.
- Export formats.
- Mastering codecs: DNxHR, Apple ProRes, Cineform, Uncompressed.
- Render queue.
Project and media management
- Restoring DaVinci Resolve Databases.
- Importing and Exporting DaVinci Resolve projects.
- Media Management.