Learn to edit your projects with DaVinci Resolve, the amazing editing and grading software, that happens to be free!
My workshops are normally located in Berlin, but for the time being, everything is going to be online, using Zoom. The system works fantastically well, and feedback has been very good. Several people actually preferred the online version, because of its convenience.
The classes are in English.
Get informed below about upcoming dates, workshop contents, and how to register.
My workshops are sold out fast. If you are interested, reserve your seat soon!
You can read reviews of my workshops here.
UPCOMING DATES (2020)
- September 21st to 25th, 09:30 to 13:30. Click here to register.
No previous experience is required. In this workshop we start from scratch.
You just need a computer (PC or Mac), and a web-cam.
DaVinci Resolve must be installed. The software can be downloaded for free, here. Please, make sure your system is powerful enough to run Resolve (check system requirements in the download link).
Footage to practice during the workshop is provided by me.
Classes are in English.
- Price: 195 Euros.
- Seats: maximum of 10 students.
- Location: Live Online, using Zoom.
- Language: English.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +34 683 31 45 45
To register, please click on the following link:
There are two options to do the payment: regular bank transfer, or using PayPal. After registering, you will inmediatly receive an e-mail with the data and links to proceed.
Previous editions of my workshops have sold out. If you are interested, register as soon as possible.
I’m an independent filmmaker, film professor, and editing and post-production expert.
Since 2009, I teach courses, workshops and seminars all over Europe, in filmshcools, festivals, production companies, and other institutions: DOCMA, FilmArche Berlin, ESDIP-Berlin, MIZ-Babelsberg, Master-LAV, and many others…
My teaching method is very practical, precise, and structured, and I also make sure things are exciting and fun!
I have postproduced and graded lots of film projects: La Piedra (Víctor Moreno), Freedom to Kill the Other’s Children (David Varela), Armenoscope (Silvina der Meguerditchian)…
My movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals and venues: Cineteca Matadero, MUSAC, Alcine, Pragda New York…
Inter-face, projects, media, logging, workflow.
- Editing and postproduction workflow.
- Digital film formats, explained: resolution, framerate, compression, etc..
- Working with high resolution media: 2K, 4K…
- Working with RAW Media.
- DaVinci Resolve 15 Inter-face description.
- Media, Edit, Fusion, Color, Fairlight, Deliver.
- DaVinci Resolve Database.
- Project creation. Project settings.
- DaVinci Resolve Preferences. System. User.
- Using the Clone Tool to back-up memory cards from cameras.
- Media Import. Media Pool.
- Video/Audio Synch.
- Media Optimization. Proxie mode. Clip Attributes.
- How to log and organice media in a film project: Bins, Smart Bins, Labels, Markers, Ranges, Metadata, etc..
- The EDIT tab.
- Timeline creation.
- Basic editing: 3 and 4 point editing.
- Overwrite, Insert.
- Multi-track editing.
- Video and audio manipulation.
- Timeline options.
- How to refine the edit.
- New Notation tools.
- Trimming tools.
- Advanced trimming tools.
- Multicamera editing.
- Timeline Tabs, Timeline Stacking.
- Working with multiple open Timelines.
- Advanced editing tools.
- The inspector.
- Basic Video FX: transformation, crop, opacity, blending modes.
- Compound Clips.
- Speed effects: constant and variable. Speed curves. Optical flow.
- FX animation: working with Key-frames.
- Key-frame editor, curves.
- Open FX.
- Blurs, Color, Generate.
- Light effects: Glow, Lens Flare, Reflections, Light Rays.
- Revival, Sharpen, Stylize.
- Texture, Transform, Wrap.
- Smooth Cut.
- Working with masks.
- Mask animation and tracking.
Sound editing, mixing, and audio FX.
- Audio tools description.
- Audio mixing.
- 4-Band EQ.
- Audio dissolves, curves.
- Audio FX Fairlight: Chorus, DeEsser, De-Hummer, Delay, Distortion, Echo, Flanger, Modulation, Pitch, Reverb, Stereo Widht, Vocal Channel.
- Audio Mixer.
- Audio FX: clip level, track level.
- Audio Dynamics: Expander, Gate, Compressor, Limiter.
Titles and subtitles generation
- Tittle tools, and animation.
- Subcap, subtittle tools: impor subtitle files (.srt) to generate subtittles in your Timeline. Create your own subtitles, then export subtitle files. Change subtittle properties (fonts, size, style…) in all subtittles at the same time.
Mastering and export
- The DELIVER Tab.
- Exporting a master.
- Exporting for devices and the Internet.
Project and media management
- Import and export DaVinci Resolve projects.
- Database back-up and restore.
- Media management: copy, move or transcode media.
- Project Archive.