Learn to edit your projects with DaVinci Resolve, the amazing editing and grading software, that happens to be free!
Workshop in English, in my new Studio, located at Harzer Straße 39, Berlin.
Get informed below about upcoming dates, workshop contents, and how ro register.
My workshops are sold out fast. If you are interested, reserve your seat soon!
You can read reviews of my workshops here.
UPCOMING DATES (2020)
- February 10th to 14th, 09:30 to 13:30. Sold-out! Register in the next one, or write me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to join the waiting list.
- May 11th to 15th, 09:30 to 13:30. Click here to register.
- June 15th to 19th, 09:30 to 13:30. Click here to register.
No previous experience is required. In this workshop we start from scratch.
Students must bring their own computers.
Mac or PC laptops preferred.
That said: if you have a desktop computer (iMac, MacPro, PC tower) you can of course bring that, including a monitor. I have a big locker in the office where you can store it from day to day. In this case, please write me at email@example.com after registering, to make sure we have space available.
DaVinci Resolve 16 must be installed in the computers.
The software can be downloaded for free, here. Please, maje sure your system is powerful enough to run DaVinci Resolve (check system requirements in the download link).
Video and audio media to practice is provided by me.
Classes are in English.
- Price: 195 Euros.
- Seats: maximum of 8 students.
- Location: Harzer Straße 39, Berlin.
- Language: English.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +34 683 31 45 45
To register, please click on the following link:
- February 10th to 14th, 09:30-13:30. Davinci Resolve Editing Workshop, Berlin. Sold-out! Register in the next one, or write me at email@example.com if you wish to join the waiting list.
- May 11th to 15th, 09:30-13:30. DaVinci Resolve Editing Workshop, Berlin.
- June 15th to 19th, 09:30-13:30. DaVinci Resolve Editing Workshop, Berlin.
Payment is via bank transfer. Once you register, I will contact you to send you the payment details. Please, note that your seat is reserved only after payment.
Alternative methods of payment also possible (PayPal, cash, etc.). Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need this.
Previous editions of my workshops have sold out. If you are interested, register as soon as possible.
I’m an independent filmmaker, film professor, and editing and post-production expert.
Since 2009, I teach courses, workshops and seminars all over Europe, in filmshcools, festivals, production companies, and other institutions: DOCMA, FilmArche Berlin, ESDIP-Berlin, MIZ-Babelsberg, Master-LAV, and many others…
My teaching method is very practical, precise, and structured, and I also make sure things are exciting and fun!
I have postproduced and graded lots of film projects: La Piedra (Víctor Moreno), Freedom to Kill the Other’s Children (David Varela), Armenoscope (Silvina der Meguerditchian)…
My movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals and venues: Cineteca Matadero, MUSAC, Alcine, Pragda New York…
Inter-face, projects, media, logging, workflow.
- Editing and postproduction workflow.
- Digital film formats, explained: resolution, framerate, compression, etc..
- Working with high resolution media: 2K, 4K…
- Working with RAW Media.
- DaVinci Resolve 15 Inter-face description.
- Media, Edit, Fusion, Color, Fairlight, Deliver.
- DaVinci Resolve Database.
- Project creation. Project settings.
- DaVinci Resolve Preferences. System. User.
- Using the Clone Tool to back-up memory cards from cameras.
- Media Import. Media Pool.
- Video/Audio Synch.
- Media Optimization. Proxie mode. Clip Attributes.
- How to log and organice media in a film project: Bins, Smart Bins, Labels, Markers, Ranges, Metadata, etc..
- The EDIT tab.
- Timeline creation.
- Basic editing: 3 and 4 point editing.
- Overwrite, Insert.
- Multi-track editing.
- Video and audio manipulation.
- Timeline options.
- How to refine the edit.
- New Notation tools.
- Trimming tools.
- Advanced trimming tools.
- Multicamera editing.
- Timeline Tabs, Timeline Stacking.
- Working with multiple open Timelines.
- Advanced editing tools.
- The inspector.
- Basic Video FX: transformation, crop, opacity, blending modes.
- Compound Clips.
- Speed effects: constant and variable. Speed curves. Optical flow.
- FX animation: working with Key-frames.
- Key-frame editor, curves.
- Open FX.
- Blurs, Color, Generate.
- Light effects: Glow, Lens Flare, Reflections, Light Rays.
- Revival, Sharpen, Stylize.
- Texture, Transform, Wrap.
- Smooth Cut.
- Working with masks.
- Mask animation and tracking.
Sound editing, mixing, and audio FX.
- Audio tools description.
- Audio mixing.
- 4-Band EQ.
- Audio dissolves, curves.
- Audio FX Fairlight: Chorus, DeEsser, De-Hummer, Delay, Distortion, Echo, Flanger, Modulation, Pitch, Reverb, Stereo Widht, Vocal Channel.
- Audio Mixer.
- Audio FX: clip level, track level.
- Audio Dynamics: Expander, Gate, Compressor, Limiter.
Titles and subtitles generation
- Tittle tools, and animation.
- Subcap, subtittle tools: impor subtitle files (.srt) to generate subtittles in your Timeline. Create your own subtitles, then export subtitle files. Change subtittle properties (fonts, size, style…) in all subtittles at the same time.
Mastering and export
- The DELIVER Tab.
- Exporting a master.
- Exporting for devices and the Internet.
Project and media management
- Import and export DaVinci Resolve projects.
- Database back-up and restore.
- Media management: copy, move or transcode media.
- Project Archive.