Learn to edit your projects with DaVinci Resolve 15, the amazing, most sophisticated editing and postproduction software!
DAVINCI RESOLVE WORKSHOP: EDITING
This Workshop is designed for those who wish to use DaVinci Resolve 15 as their main editing software, and it’s also an introduction to the world of color grading.
Upcoming dates are:
- November 19th to November 23rd, 15:00 to 19:00 (20 hours).
Price is just 195 Euros!
Classes are in English, and take place at my co-working space, in central Kreuzberg (Betahaus). Small groups: maximum 8 students.
My workshops tend to be fully booked, so, if you are interested, I recommend to register soon!
DAVINCI RESOLVE 15: THE ALL IN ONE SOFTWARE
As you may know, DaVinci Resolve 15 is now an “all-in-one” program, which means we can use it in all stages of editing and postproduction, from start to finish.
The editing tools in DaVinci Resolve 15 are fantastic, modern, and easy to use. All of my students who switch to Resolve to edit never look back…
On top of all this, DaVinci Resolve 15 is free, and you can download today here.
It’s just one of the best options for indie filmmakers.
In this Workshop we focus on everything related to Resolve as an editing tool, and we also introduce Color Grading.
You will learn everything necessary to edit any film project: media management, camera card back-up, how to log and organise media in a project, video/audio syncing, editing tools, refining tools, multi-camera editing, video FX, sound editing and mixing, sound FX, subtitles creation, color grading, export, etc..
No previous experience is required. In this workshop we start from scratch.
Students must bring their own laptops (Mac or PC), with DaVinci Resolve 15 installed.
The software can be downloaded for free, here.
Video and audio media to practice is provided by me.
Classes are in English.
DaVinci Resolve Berlin Workshop, Editing, is coming to Berlin in two different dates:
- November 19th to November 23rd, 15:00 to 19:00.
- Price: 195 Euros.
- Seats: maximum of 8 students.
- Location: Betahaus, Prinzessinnenstraße 19-20, Berlin.
- Language: English.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +34 683 31 45 45
To register, please click on the following link:
Payment is via bank transfer. Once you register, I will contact you to send you the payment details. Please, note that your seat is reserved only after payment.
Alternative methods of payment also possible (PayPal, cash, etc.). Contact me at email@example.com if you need this.
Previous editions of my workshops have sold out. If you are interested, register as soon as possible.
I’m an independent filmmaker, film professor, and editing and postproduction expert.
Since 2009, I teach courses, workshops and seminars all over Europe, in filmshcools, festivals, production companies, and other institutions: DOCMA, FilmArche Berlin, ESDIP-Berlin, MIZ-Babelsberg, Master-LAV, and many others…
My teaching method is very practical, precise, and structured, and I also make sure things are exciting and fun!
I have postproduced and graded lots of film projects: La Piedra (Víctor Moreno), Freedom to Kill the Other’s Children (David Varela), Armenoscope (Silvina der Meguerditchian)…
My movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals and venues: Cineteca Matadero, MUSAC, Alcine, Pragda New York…
Inter-face, projects, media, logging, workflow.
- Editing and postproduction workflow.
- Digital film formats, explained: resolution, framerate, compression, etc..
- Working with high resolution media: 2K, 4K…
- Working with RAW Media.
- DaVinci Resolve 15 Inter-face description.
- Media, Edit, Fusion, Color, Fairlight, Deliver.
- DaVinci Resolve Database.
- Project creation. Project settings.
- DaVinci Resolve Preferences. System. User.
- Using the Clone Tool to back-up memory cards from cameras.
- Media Import. Media Pool.
- Video/Audio Synch.
- Media Optimization. Proxie mode. Clip Attributes.
- How to log and organice media in a film project: Bins, Smart Bins, Labels, Markers, Ranges, Metadata, etc..
- The EDIT tab.
- Timeline creation.
- Basic editing: 3 and 4 point editing.
- Overwrite, Insert.
- Multi-track editing.
- Video and audio manipulation.
- Timeline options.
- How to refine the edit.
- New Notation tools.
- Trimming tools.
- Advanced trimming tools.
- Multicamera editing.
- Timeline Tabs, Timeline Stacking.
- Working with multiple open Timelines.
- Advanced editing tools.
- The inspector.
- Basic Video FX: transformation, crop, opacity, blending modes.
- Compound Clips.
- Speed effects: constant and variable. Speed curves. Optical flow.
- FX animation: working with Key-frames.
- Key-frame editor, curves.
- Open FX.
- Blurs, Color, Generate.
- Light effects: Glow, Lens Flare, Reflections, Light Rays.
- Revival, Sharpen, Stylize.
- Texture, Transform, Wrap.
- Smooth Cut.
- Working with masks.
- Mask animation and tracking.
Sound editing, mixing, and audio FX.
- Audio tools description.
- Audio mixing.
- 4-Band EQ.
- Audio dissolves, curves.
- Audio FX Fairlight: Chorus, DeEsser, De-Hummer, Delay, Distortion, Echo, Flanger, Modulation, Pitch, Reverb, Stereo Widht, Vocal Channel.
- Audio Mixer.
- Audio FX: clip level, track level.
- Audio Dynamics: Expander, Gate, Compressor, Limitir.
- Stereo and 5.1 mixing.
Titles and subtitles generation.
- Tittle tools.
- Subcap, subtittle tools: impor subtitle files (.srt) to generate subtittles in your Timeline. Create your own subtitles, then export subtitle files. Change subtittle properties (fonts, size, style…) in all subtittles at the same time.
Introduction to Color Grading.
- The COLOR Tab.
- The Node system.
- Node workflow.
- Serial nodes. Parallel nodes.
- Working with local versions.
- Color wheels (Primary, Log).
- Working with remote versions.
- Grades management. Stills. Power-Grades.
- How to compare clips and grades.
- How to grade a sequence, step by step.
- Using maks.
- Color range based grades (Qualifier).
- How to generate and apply LUT’s.
- Grade animation, key-frames.
Procesos finales de gradación y masterización
- The DELIVER Tab.
- Exporting a master. Exporting for the Internet.
Project and media management
- Import and export DaVinci Resolve projects.
- Media management: copy, move or transcode media. Project consolidation.