New workshop in berlin, on location
My filmmaking workshops are finally back in Berlin, after the panemic pause.
We’re gonna be again working together in a room, and of course following to the letter all Covid procedures, recommendations and regulations.
The maximum number of students is 4.
The location is Leberstrasse 32.
Price is 195 Euros.
And the best thing is: for those who prefer to join the workshop online, you can still do so, and follow the course in Zoom. Price for online students is 125 Euros.
Continue reading for more information and how to register.
You can read reviews of my courses here.
Learn how to color grade with DaVinci Resolve, the the most amazing editing and post-production software.
- Dates: March 28th to April 1st, 2022.
- 09:30 to 13:30, Central European Time (Berlin).
- Maximum number of students on location: 4.
- Location: Leberstrasse, 32.
- Language: English.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +34 683 31 45 45
I’m a highly experienced editing and post-production instructor, with more than 16 years of teaching behind my back. You can read reviews from my students here.
My workshops are sold out fast. If you are interested, reserve your place today!
You may join in two different ways: in Berlin (in a class) or online (Zoom).
To join us in a class in Berlin, click here. Price is 195 Euros.
To follow the workshop online, click here. Price is 125 Euros.
No previous experience is required. In this workshop we start from scratch.
You just need a computer (PC or Mac).
DaVinci Resolve must be installed. The software can be downloaded for free, here.
Footage and materials to practice during the workshop is provided by me.
I’m an independent filmmaker, film professor, and editing and postproduction expert.
Since 2005, I teach courses, workshops and seminars all over Europe, in film schools, festivals, production companies, and other institutions: DOCMA, FilmArche Berlin, ESDIP-Berlin, MIZ-Babelsberg, Master-LAV, and many more.
My teaching method is very practical, precise, and structured, and I also make sure things are exciting and fun.
I have post-produced and graded lots of film projects: La Piedra (Víctor Moreno), Freedom to Kill the Other’s Children (David Varela), Armenoscope (Silvina der Meguerditchian)…
My movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals and venues: Cineteca Matadero, MUSAC, Alcine, Pragda New York…
In this DaVinci Resolve Workshop you will learn everything you need to know to color grade your projects, and we will heavily expand in the new workflows and color tools found in the latest version of the software.
FIRST STEPS WITH DAVINCI RESOLVE 17
- The Project Manager.
- The Database System. What are DaVinci Resolve 17 databases, and how to use them.
- Creating and Organising Projects.
- Project Settings: setting up Resolution, Framerate and Color Space.
- DaVinci Resolve Preferences.
- Description and customization of the interface.
- Understanding Color Space, and Color Space Transforms.
- Rec.709, DCI-P3, Rec.2020.
- Understanding Scopes: Waveform, Parade, Vectorscope, Histogram.
- DaVinci Resolve 17 new Color Managed Workflow.
- Working with RAW media.
The Color PAGE.
- Introduction to the Color tools.
- Primaries: Lift, Gamma, Gain, Offset. How and when to use them.
STEP BY STEP grading
The node system
- Understanding nodes.
- Serial nodes.
- Parallel nodes.
- Layer nodes.
- Out-side nodes.
- Clip/Timeline nodes.
- Using Local Versions.
- Using Memories.
- Stills and Power Grades: saving, comparing, and applying grades.
Grading Tools, in depth.
- Primaries: Wheels, Bars, Log.
- Temperature, Tint, Contrast, Pivot, Midtone Detail, Color Boost, Saturation, Hue.
- Curves: Custom, HueVsHue, HueVsSat, HueVsLum, LumVsSat, SatVsSat, SatVsLuminance.
- Creating and customising Windows (what you call masks in other programs).
- Window’s Tracking and Animation. Keyframes.
- Magic Mask: creating automatic Windows in DaVinci Resolve 17.
Color range based grading.
- Qualifier: color selection tool.
- HSL Qualifier.
- 3D Qualifier.
- Refining color selection: Highlight, Highlight B/W, Selection Range.
- Color Warper.
- New HDR palette.
- Understanding how to achieve the desired look.
- Understanding the look development workflow, from pre-production to finishing.
- Motion Effects: Noise Reduction, Motion Blur.
- Blur and Sharpen.
- Animating grades: Keyframes.
- Sizing, reframing.
- Setting up Render Cache quality settings.
- Render Cache: Smart and User.
- Node rendering.
- Rendering Workflow.
open fx library
- Effects settings and animation, Keyframes.
- Most useful FX for Color Grading and Finishing: Glow, Light Rays, Lens Flare, Film Grain, Lens Blur, Deband, Deflicker, Gamut Limiter, Color Compressor.
- The Deliver Tab.
- Export formats.
- Mastering codecs: DNxHR, Apple ProRes, IMF.
- Render queue.
Project and media management
- Database Management.
- Project Management.
- Media Management.